Recent Posts

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Andrea Pompilio AW14 - Milan Men's Fashion Week AW14

Hi guys, thanks to everyone who commented on my post on London Collections: Men AW14. I can't believe how well received the post was amongst my fellow ladies, and it's really nice to hear that although most of you gals aren't really into men's fashion you still like to be aware of it and see what's going on. So today I’ve decided to bring you another helping of men’s fashion, this time around I wanted to pay homage to up-and-coming Italian fashion designer Andrea Pompilio, so come, let’s take a look at his Fall/Winter 2014 Menswear collection as showcased at Milan Men's Fashion Week AW14:

Andrea Pompilio Fall/Winter 2014

Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Andrea Pompilio AW14 | Milan Men's Fashion Week | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Image credits: style.com

I have a penchant for pops of bright colour and clean lines, so of course naturally I was instantly drawn to Andrea Pompilio‘s AW14 collection, although what I love the most about Pompilio‘s AW14 collection is the nod to the ‘60s; more significantly, I love how the up-and-coming designer has effortlessly adapted the sleek, clean lines and simple well-tailored silhouettes of the mod era to produce an aesthetic pertinent to today’s stylish male. Yup this is 'modern mod' alright. I also like the military elements and the whole ‘Italian-tailoring-meets-street’ vibe that Pompilio has going on. I guess this is what happens when you mix high fashion with street style – it’s dapper, it’s fun and oh so very pleasing on the eye. Being a fan of the past, I’m going particularly gaga for the vintage silhouettes. I also love the fact that it looks like a lot of the garments could be suited to both genders, now being the type of gal who sometimes shops in the men's section, this sort of thing rarely slips my notice! I'm totally coveting the outerwear, the structured coats are just my kind of thing.

Overall the tailoring of the whole collection is superb, the nod to more vintage cuts tied in with sharp lines and bright pops of colour is ever so eye-catching.

So what do you think? Do you dig Andrea Pompilio‘s AW14 collection as much as I do?

Aimee xx

34 comments:

  1. I love the polka dot motif. Most of the time I find myself more inspired by men's fashion, which I guess is a little odd xx Rebecca - UK style blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not odd at all - men's fashion is fab! :) A bit of variety is always good too :)xx

      Delete
  2. WOWOWOW I love that navy and pink parka. Wish my boyfriend would wear stuff like that!

    tee&fame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the one with the pink lining? Yeah it's fab, great contrast of colour and textures :)

      Delete
  3. I actually love these looks, I'm a big fan of how they're somewhat preppy but not quite. Thanks so much for sharing!

    I'm so glad I found your blog! If you'd like to follow each other, I'd be happy to keep in touch! Just let me know on my blog :)

    xo
    Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it :) Fantastic collection isn't it :)

      Delete
  4. Im loving these outfits!
    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh love all of those looks! love all of the textures and prints

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £150 high-end skincare giveaway on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the use of bold colours. Quite a contrast in the collection. Fun feel however remaining classy!

    Look forward to reading about your hols lovely :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful collection. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I would probably even wear most of them. I'm always borrowing from my husband's side of the closet :)

    - Gita
    mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the dots <3
    http://trend-Mae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that navy/pink parka too! It's something I'd personally choose to wear :P

    xx becky / star-violet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looks! I like the polka dot pants!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the monochrome outfits !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing collection, so many colors <3

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  14. great outfits i've got to show this to my bf

    xoxo

    http://perolamakeupblog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay do it! This collection is awesome :) xx

      Delete
  15. Perfect inspiration dear and great blog you"ve got!
    xox

    www.flashforwards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks! I love monochrome styles, and also the bright colour for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow -is it wierd that i want all these mens shoes x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes seeing a little guys style is important, thanks for sharing!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  19. cool

    love,
    http://donna-visca.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is great! I don't see men's fashion posts too often, but it is fun to see what is "in" for that side of fashion. What a cool designer!

    Nicole, keepcalmandcocoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad to see that there are new styles coming to men's fashion. Normally I don't pay that much attention, but these styles are really nice! I always like a creative look on a guy, instead of the usual jeans and t-shirt, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this coolection, these trousers are amazing! Thanks for sharing - I don't follow men fashion weeks but as you said, I like to look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)