Recent Posts

Friday, 28 February 2014

Lately I’m Loving Luxury Leather Luggage

Luxury Leather Luggage - MARK / GIUSTI Capri Leather Pochette | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
 
I’ve recently completed my professional training in makeup artistry, and I must say that the prospect of turning my hand to makeup is actually a very exciting one! But, not to fret, for my love of fashion remains equally as strong. Only now, the potential option of venturing down the route as makeup artist allows me all of the things that I love in life: fashion, beauty, trends, and travel. Additionally, freelance makeup artistry (should I ever choose this path) would grant me the adventurous and nomadic lifestyle I’ve always dreamed of having. Thankfully, makeup is portable, and can come with me wherever the road may take me next…

I begin my excursions by gathering some of my favorite cosmetics, such as my MAC strobe creams, Rimmel SunShimmers Bronzer, and of course some of my Nars Illuminators, but I need to make sure I have a place to store them. Luckily, there are many luxurious leather travel and cosmetic cases to choose from, making my life that much easier. Just like my constant need for a change of scenery, I am also constantly changing my fashion style, so here are a few of the most luxurious, fashionable, and portable pouches that fit all of my cosmetics and my style moods when I’m on the go.

For my more girly side, Proenza Schouler’s leather beauty case is a perfect match. With a zip around closure, the bag fits the majority of my cosmetics. With a great interior zip pocket within its jacquard interior lining, I can even stick in a few extra lipsticks for when I can’t decide. For my larger brushes and longer trips that require more items, however, I prefer Alexander McQueen’s De Manta Cosmetic Case. This case is fit to hold much more and also has a more versatile look. The black leather with fold down corners and double zip closure feeds into my more grungier looks, not to mention it seems to match everything.

A few things some people know about me is that I love all things from the past, including vintage fashion and movies. Which is why when MARK / GIUSTI came out with the “Capri” Leather Pochette (as pictured below) from the La Dolce Vita collection, a stylish collection inspired by Italian cinematography of the 1950s and 60s, I had to have one. I am fascinated with how people of the past used to carry themselves, including the way they dressed and spoke. The Capri is a luxurious leather accessory bag that embodies this sort of vintage fashion that I aspire to recreate in my everyday life. No matter wherever I may be rushing to next, I can just slip my hand through the outer strap and carry it while on the move. The bag is so chic, one would never know it’s filled with liquid liners! Another feature I love about the bag is the interior lining which is inspired by historical Italian artwork (you can catch a glimpse of the beautiful lining in the first picture). It's a really perfect bag for those occasions when I only have a few items to carry and do not need a big bag. I also like the fact that the design of the bag is suitable for both men and women.

Luxury Leather Luggage - MARK / GIUSTI Capri Leather Pochette | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

So no matter what your profession is or where life may take you, one thing is for certain, and that is everyone deserves a little bit of leather luxury! So there you have it, you now know that luxury leather handbags are my current objects of desire.

Aimee xx

*Note: This post was written in collaboration with MARK / GIUSTI although opinions expressed here are my own.

40 comments:

  1. That first bag is so gorgeous, I'd love that to travel with! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's gorgeous isn't it - it's both practical and stylish too! :)x

      Delete
  2. I do find that leather bags last a lot longer even if they cost a little more.Great choice,I love how luxurious it looks.xx

    http://whimsicalmrsw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true leather definitely does last longer :) Yes it's very luxurious isn't it, glad that you like it too :)x

      Delete
  3. What a great post! I've been on the lookout for a new purse, so I'll have to take a look at these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad that you liked the post! Yes definitely do take a look, they have some really great items :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I love that aspect too :) Glad that you liked the post xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is isn't it! The lining is gorgeous too :)

      Delete
  6. Love the uniqueness of this bag & how you carry it, so sophisticated. You're a very classy woman :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dolls :) I love that aspect too; I love it when designers team style with practicality :)x

      Delete
  7. Everyone needs one! I just splurged on a cute leather bag that now goes everywhere with me when I travel abroad. It's so handy!

    Holly ♥ petitepromise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a similar purse too, it's been all around the world with me. Couldn't agree more, bags like this are definitely really handy :)x

      Delete
  8. You have to have a few good ones for your wardrobe! I love your blog! I'm totally subscribing to your site and Instagram! You're a doll!

    Mysimplemodestchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's such a nice compliment, thank you! I'm not on Instagram yet but will be soon, I'll give you a shout when I am :)

      I totally agree, every gal needs to have a few good bags in her collection ;)x

      Delete
  9. The bag is to die for <3

    www.the-goldensoul.blogspot.com

    XOXO,
    Inês

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute bag, love the lining inside

    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a cute bag! Perfect to carry all the essentials and it goes with everything!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely :) It's such a perfect bag for when you're on the go :)

      Delete
  12. Hi, it´s interesting post and nice bag!
    Have a nice day :-)
    katharine-fashionisbeautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous bag! Fabulous blog & post!

    http://www.sydneyfactorfashion.blogspot.ca

    Xo
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with that first bag! I really want a bag like this as a plane bag for my holidays X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it's the ideal plane bag :) So stylish too!

      Delete
  15. nice! x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks stunning! x Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool bag!

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like the perfect, sturdy bag for when you're on the move! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the bag! I've been turning to makeup lately too =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey doll :) Ditto, plus it's a pretty perfect bag for people like me who are constantly on the go! Ah that's fab, I can't wait to hear about it :)x

      Delete
  20. What a gorgeous bag! I know I am obsessed with finding the perfect, classy leather bag to carry my essentials. As I've gotten into freelance writing, I find myself shuffling to meetings, needing my laptop, notebook, iPad, etc., as well as my usual essentials... but I hate carrying two bags! I'm still searching for the perfect mix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love every items of your wishlist!

    If you want we can follow each other to keep contact ? :-)

    Happy easter btw !

    Emily from Pretty Tiny Things

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love charlotte olympia shoes
    your blog is so nice and I am new follower
    I hope you'll come back visiting me

    Pretty To Be Happy

    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following and for the lovely comment, really appreciated :)

      Delete
  23. The shoes are so lovely, especially the flats <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)