Recent Posts

Saturday, 22 February 2014

My Holiday to Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt

Hello guys! As mentioned last post, I recently went on holiday to Egypt so thought that I would quickly share a few snaps with you and tell you a bit about the holiday. This was my first time visiting Egypt and I have to say that it is a really beautiful country. We stayed in the city of Sharm el Sheikh which is a perfect holiday destination because there's so much to see and do. For the bulk of the holiday I was happy simply messing about in the sea and lying on a sun lounger [I was in massive need of relaxation!], but for those of you who are more active then you’re spoilt for choice...Honestly there was so much to see and do: Lots of different types of water sports, horseback and camel riding, desert safaris, good nightlife and tons of great local attractions...the list is endless.

We went out and about quite a bit and did some touristy things, such as visiting Old Market in Sharm el Sheikh which is a typical Egyptian bazaar rich in culture and sights. Here are a few quick pictures from our Old Market visit:

Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com


Other stuff that we did:
 
A fun thing to do at night is to visit the Hollywood City Mall. Here you can see the awesome dancing fountain and an array of illuminated statues featuring everything from Disney characters to dinosaurs:

Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com





















There were more photos but as it was so dark they didn't turn out, it was a nice post-dinner outing though.

About our hotel:

Our hotel was absolutely gorgeous with stunning surroundings. We had breathtaking views of the Red Sea coupled with the colourful Mount Sinai in the background as below:

Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
 
It's so beautiful isn't it? These photographs have completely transported my mind back to Egypt...I just wish that I could transport myself back there in the physical!

The hotel had lots of little breakout areas as in the picture below where you could just relax, sit back and sip a cocktail all whilst soaking up all the beautiful scenery around you; I can imagine the atmosphere must being really lively during high season.

Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

 
I spent most of the holiday at the beach. Rather conveniently the hotel had five different private beaches (of varying sizes) for us to choose from, and all had direct access to sea so you really couldn't ask for more. Here are some snaps:

Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
 
Below: We spotted this gorgeous heron at the beach one day. Such a darling creature, I was worried about scaring it but it seemed to really like being around us:

Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com












Vacations | Egypt Holiday | Lifestyle Blog | lifestyle blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

 
Going to the beach was definitely my favourite part of the whole holiday. When I was in the sea I saw all sorts of tropical fish [like those in Finding Nemo!] swimming right beside me, it was so amazing! It was nice being so close to nature everyday...I really miss Egypt!

So all in all it was a fabulous holiday and great experience for my first visit to Egypt. I must give a special mention to the local people who were really lovely and friendly.

I hope that these pictures serve as a good distraction from the cold weather that we're experiencing lately...Yup, roll-on Summer!

Aimee xx

44 comments:

  1. That hotel looks stunning! I'd love to visit egypt, it looks lovely. I've been to Tunisa and it seems very similar to that!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corinne :) I think you'd really love Egypt. I'd love to visit Tunisa :)x

      Delete
  2. I went to Sharm what feels like a million years ago but was such a lovely holiday, so relaxed and such a luxurious hotel experience.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so relaxing and luxurious that I'm missing it so badly! :)x

      Delete
  3. wow it looks like to had a really good holiday!x

    amysimpsonn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pics! And having private beachs is great. Looking forward to your next posts :)

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine :) The private beach was definitely a bonus, made the holiday all the more enjoyable :)x

      Delete
  5. Stunning pictures! I've always wanted to go to Egypt, glad you had an amazing holiday!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egypt has always been a place that I have wanted to visit, your photos are beautiful and a great way for me to get just a glimpse of its beauty. Thanks for dropping by, have a great day!

    http://infinitehouseofillusions.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's such a beautiful country that I had to share it with others, and yet this is just one part of it. I'd love to visit again and see more of the country, really want to visit the pyramids :)

      Delete
  7. Amazing! Egypt is one of those places I must visit! Did you dive at all? The diving is meant to be amazing right?

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was amazing! I didn't go actual diving on this occasion but you're right, it's amazing for diving. Sharm El Sheikh itself is one of the world's best diving destinations. The marine life is spectacular! Thanks for stopping by lovely :)x

      Delete
  8. Looks like you had an amazing time. I am very jealous :-P I cannot believe the Ariel!!! I would love one of those in the garden, haha.

    Hannah x | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll :) It was a really nice (much-needed!) relaxing break. Yes the Ariel statue is amazing isn't it! :)x

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It truly is a beautiful country :)

      Delete
  10. The holiday looks amazing babe! So jealous, glad you had a good time xox

    www.tartanbones.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great time!! I went to Egypt last year and it is so beautiful! I'm a new follower :)

    Rosie x

    itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk - I'm having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow did you! :) You must know how great Egypt is then. Thanks for following chick xx

      Delete
  12. Amazing pictures, hope you had a great holiday! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll :) The holiday was great, I came back feeling really relaxed...maybe a bit too relaxed though because it took me a while to adjust back to normal life lol! xx

      Delete
  13. I hope you have enjoy this holidays, i never got to Egypt yet.

    xx
    http://odd-aesthetics.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's a beautiful country, I'm sure you'd love it :)x

      Delete
  14. So jealous!
    Photos look really nice, I alwayh thought of Egypt as desert and sand lol

    SNJ

    www.thecrocusflowers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I thought that too before I visited :) Depends on where you go, Egypt has a varying landscape and I'd really love to see more of it, I'd especially love to visit Cairo :)

      Delete
  15. Just came across your blog and after reading this post and I want to go here now! it looks amazing! Your photos look great too, this post definitely took away my winter blues for a while haha!

    From Jess xx - a new follower!
    http://jessicalouiseamber.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, it's great to know that the post served it's purpose then!

      Delete
  16. Sounds like an incredible holiday. Beautiful photographs! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a lovely holiday! :)x

      Delete
  17. lovely pictures! it looks like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing photos. I need to plan a vacation soon.
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. I'm getting so many compliments on my pictures, the amazing thing is that I took them with my sister's point and shoot!

      Delete
  19. Wow I want to go to Egypt! It looks beautiful there! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go, it really is a very beautiful country :)

      Delete
  20. That's so neat! I didn't know any part of Egypt had beautiful beaches like this! The fact that it's all surrounded like by desert made me doubt such a thing. Hmmm.. interesting! Thanks for the gorgeous pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meghan, thanks for stopping :) Before I arrived I thought the same :) Such gorgeous beaches indeed! This is probably the best beach holiday that I've had due to the abundant tropical marine life, and of course meeting the gorgeous heron :)

      Delete
  21. Complimenti per il blog e per le bellissime foto, baci Angelichic

    WWW.ANGELICHIC.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)