Recent Posts

Saturday, 13 December 2014

London Christmas Window Displays | 2014

 
Hi guys, I hope that you are all having a great weekend! With Christmas drawing closer and closer, I'm in full-on festive mood lately so thought that today I'd share some pictures of lovely London Christmas window displays with you. I took all of these pictures on my recent strolls through London so hope that you enjoy them!
Harrods

First up we have Harrods - look how beautiful it looks all lit-up at night!

Harrods at Christmas time | Harrods at Christmas | Harrods Christmas window display | Harrods Christmas window | Harrods Christmas window displays | Christmas Window Displays | London Christmas Window Displays | fashion blog | fashion blogger


This year the Harrods Christmas window displays are centred around the theme of The Land Of Make Believe, "a fantasy winter tale where magical mice arrive at Harrods to help Father Christmas transform the store ready for the festive season." In keeping with the theme lots of little uniformed mice (as pictured below) are dotted throughout the various window displays:

Harrods Christmas window display | Harrods Christmas window | Harrods Christmas window displays | Christmas Window Displays | London Christmas Window Displays | fashion blog | fashion blogger 
The window displays also feature oversized traditional toys such as this spinning top and teddy bear:

 
The Harrods window displays are a winter wonderland full of silver birch trees and ice-blue skies - so let's take a closer look at some of the windows:

This masked beauty wears Karen Millen:


Jo Malone window clock:

  
I'm not joking but after I finished taking these pictures I had a sudden urge to go and buy lots of Jo Malone Christmas gifts - it was like I was hypnotised!! I think it's the chic and minimalistic Jo Malone packaging - it always lures me in!

 Jo Malone Christmas gifts 
Pirouetting ballerina in a musical box
I think that this was my favourite window of all. The rotating ballerina wears a bespoke Swarovski crystal embellished silk, tulle and feather dress by designer Zuhair Murad, inside a musical box created by furniture designer Amy Somerville.

ballerina | Zuhair Murad Dress | Harrods Christmas window display | Harrods Christmas window | Harrods Christmas window displays | fashion blog | fashion blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com www.thebellenarrative.com.jpg 
I was utterly captivated as I watched the ballerina rotate round and round:




A marionette in McQueen...

...that's one lucky marionette - she wears a dress by Alexander McQueen:



This lovely vibrant patchwork rocking horse is by quirky furniture brand Squint:

 
How cute is this mouse with his little sleigh full of Chloé perfume:

 
 Stella McCartney snow queen
Perched inside a giant snow globe is Stella McCartney's snow queen wearing a glittering, one-of-a-kind gown:



Selfridges:

For Christmas 2014, Selfridges are celebrating the art of storytelling and the power of enchantment. Each of their windows "evokes a surreal fairytale or children’s storybook classic, each with a unique Selfridges twist, of course."

I only had time to take a few pictures on this occasion as I was literally just quickly walking past. I was actually off to a press event so already had my camera out and all ready for action lol. I swear passers-by were staring at me like I was some sort of paparazzi or something! It actually brought back memories of London Fashion Week SS15 (especially Day 1 - it was mad!!) where I was running around London to the various shows with my camera dangling around my neck. ...Hectic but fun times, I look forward to doing it all again soon.

Apologies, I digress - here's a few quick pictures of the Selfridges Christmas window displays:

 
Isn't this modern take on Rapunzel great? The mannequins are dressed in Rodarte Star Wars print dresses and have pink dip-dyed hair - very contemporary!


Paddington Bear!


 
London is so magical at Christmas time isn't it?! I hope that you enjoyed these festive pictures! I had lots of fun taking them and at one point I actually felt a bit like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's - except instead of having a coffee and a Danish in my hand I had my DSLR lol!

Have a great weekend guys :)

Aimee xx

28 comments:

  1. They must spend so long designing the shop windows for Christmas, though it's a job I definitely wouldn't mind having!
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing what Selfridges & Harrods do for their windows - it's magical!]]Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too :) It really is magical :) x

      Delete
  3. Harrods always looks gorgeous, but over Christmas it's just magical! you've got some amazing images here - well done!

    Bethan | Thought from Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) I enjoyed taking them! xx

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so pretty! Christmas lights make everything look so magical. My favorite window is definitely the one with the little mice and toys :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. London looks so pretty, especially at night! Love the photos! xx

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the urge to travel to London right now~ And the ballerina looks amazing!
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought about going to London during the holidays, but now I really want to! Good pictures, they really seem to capture the spirit of London, that ballerina window display is amazing x

    Gabrielle Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post! c: x

    http://liliummind.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very great and beautiful pics
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty post! Harrods is my fave. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh this post brings back memories! i was in london about two months ago and i absolutely loved it! i visited both, harrods and selfridges, both of them were amazing!!

    lots of love xx
    Nee from ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh everything is so beautiful!! I cannot wait to visit London someday, it is such a gorgeous city! Looks like the best time to go would be during the holidays!!

    Dee
    http://urbanchicblvd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty pictures!
    Emily
    xx
    http://emilyattemptslife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww everything is so, so pretty! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    www.youtube.com/user/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! We're feeling pretty festive too. It does look beautiful - must have been a great atmosphere! Love the ballerina display :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  18. *gasp* Thank you for this post! As someone who has always wanted to visit London, especially around the holidays it's lovely to see decorations around the city. Really love this :)

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank and my pleasure! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the pictures, I'll make sure to do the same again next year :) xx

      Delete
  19. I'm so pleased I stumbled upon this blog! I was in London on wednesday and I was in awe at all the incredible window displays but completely didn't think to take any photos, really regretting it now! The photos you've taken look fantastic, really do them all justice :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. <3333 such cool pictures!
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)