Recent Posts

Thursday, 18 December 2014

Paul Mitchell Party Hair Essentials


Paul Mitchell Party Hair Essentials | Paul Mitchell hair products | hair products | hair | beauty blogger | beauty blog | UK beauty blog | Beauty Blogger | Hair Products That Deliver 
So it’s Christmas party season, you’ve got the sparkly frock (or two!!) and I bet you’ve got those nails did too?! Well what about ze hair gurl?! Well for myself personally, I have recently fallen in love with a trio of fantastic styling products by Paul Mitchell - and guess what? They all deliver the results that they promise – so come and meet my trio of Paul Mitchell party hair essentials:

Paul Mitchell Party Hair Essentials | Paul Mitchell hair products | hair products | hair | beauty blogger | beauty blog | UK beauty blog | Beauty Blogger | Hair Products That Deliver 

Stay Strong Express Dry Strong Hold Hairspray

I use this strong-hold hairspray to give my hair long-lasting hold, especially when I wear my hair in curls. The formula is extremely light but yet somehow magically manages to offer firm hold whilst still giving the hair movement too - pretty genius right? I also love the fact that the spray dries instantly and is not sticky, plus the smell is pretty lovely too – none of that horrible “toxic/chemically” aroma that you get with other strong-hold hairsprays!


Stay Strong Express Dry Strong Hold Hairspray can also be used to create all-day lift, fullness and texture. For example, if you were using heated rollers then you would simply use this spray to lock in root lift whilst the hair cools. Easy peasy and the result is sexy bouncy curls that last! Isn’t it awful, when you spend ages doing your hair and the style just flops after an hour or so? Well luckily, I now have my personal hair hero to prevent this – Stay Strong Express Dry Strong Hold Hairspray!

This really is the best hairspray ever – I love it! It’s my current go-to hairspray and I use it every time I curl my hair as I have that guarantee that my style is going to stay intact all day. It may seem pricier than your average hairspray but this product is definitely worth it - the whopping big 360ml can is going to last you ages, and the fantastic quality speaks for itself.

Added benefits
The weightless, ultra-dry formula provides maximum control and volume, whilst humidity-resistant ingredients help fight frizz and flyaways – needless to say that this hairspray is going to be an absolute godsend on rainy-windy weather days!

…it’s just an all-round brilliant hairspray – trust me, you need it in your life!


Twirl Around

I have a natural wave/curl to my hair so tend to wear my hair curly quite frequently, and thus Twirl Around is essentially the ideal hair product for me. It helps curls retain their shape, as well as keeping your curls nice and bouncy all day long.

Paul Mitchell Twirl Around Review | Paul Mitchell Twirl Around | Paul Mitchell | Paul Mitchell hair products | hair products | hair curl cream | enhance curls | products for curly hair | beauty blogger | beauty blog | UK beauty blog | Beauty Blogger




















The dual formula (a combination of hydrating cream and smoothing gel) defines, separates, and tames unruly curls and waves without frizz or crunchiness. The consistency is creamy but once applied it actually feels light on the hair – provided that you don’t apply too much product as you only to need use a small amount to get good results.

Paul Mitchell Twirl Around Review | Paul Mitchell Twirl Around | Paul Mitchell | Paul Mitchell hair products | hair products | hair curl cream | enhance curls | products for curly hair | beauty blogger | beauty blog | UK beauty blog | Beauty BloggerI love the design of the bottle with the product swirls! 

I normally apply this product straight after washing and conditioning my hair and then simply allow my hair to air dry naturally. The result: Gorgeous defined bouncy curls! Note: Since I have a slight natural curl to my hair I can simply work this product into my hair and let it do it’s thang, but you can of course 'scrunch' it into your hair to add definition and encourage volume if you wish to do so.

This product will not make the hair greasy or feel sticky, nor will it cause build-up or make your hair feel hard or crunchy. It smells great too! It is superb at adding definition and gives me the bounciest silkiest curls ever – which last all day! This is a fantastic product for enhancing curls - I highly recommend it!

Added benefits
- Smoothing, conditioning, softening conditioners keep curls looking their best.
- Crunch-free fixative leaves curls soft and touchable.

Paul Mitchell Twirl Around Review | Paul Mitchell Twirl Around | Paul Mitchell | Paul Mitchell hair products | hair products | hair curl cream | enhance curls | products for curly hair | beauty blogger | beauty blog | UK beauty blog | Beauty Blogger 
This product allows me to wear my hair in curls without having to subject my hair to heated appliances or a load of different products – this one product truly is all I need to keep my curls in check! …Actually my mission/hair resolution for 2015 is to use less heat on my hair so this product is just perfect for me really!


Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray

This shine spray is from Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Wild Ginger brand, a line of luxury haircare products formulated to help restore dry, damaged hair. It gives the hair a reflective shine with a natural finish. This product is a real blessing for my slightly frazzled [because I keep changing my hair colour too often!!] colour-treated hair as it makes my hair look and feel really silky!


The spray has a light ginger scent which smells really pleasant (unless you hate the scent ginger of course), and it does not make your hair feel greasy or sticky in the slightest. It emits a fine, lightweight mist so you need not worry about it weighing your hair down either. You only actually need to use a small amount of product so I would expect the can to last you quite a while.

This is a real nifty little finishing product which can also be used to freshen up your hair in-between washes so that you have fabulous hair all the time - yay!

Added benefits
- Silicone-free.
- Leaves hair soft and silky smooth.
- Helps protect hair from daily wear and tear making it ideal for heat styling.
- Natural Awapuhi extract balances moisture and intensifies shine for a healthy-looking finish.

Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray | Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray | Paul Mitchell hair products | Shine Spray For Hair | beauty blogger | beauty blog | UK beauty blog | Beauty Blogger
I love the sleek high-end looking packaging!

If you want shiny soft hair this part season then you need this spray in your life! Priced at £18.95, it might seem pricey but this gem of a product does everything that it says on the can, and trust me, it perks up dull hair a real treat! I also like the fact that it contains conditioning agents to protect and care for the hair – yup it’s another winning product from Paul Mitchell!


Right so those were my Paul Mitchell party hair essentials which will be helping my hair look amazing not only for the current Christmas party season, but right through to the new year. After using these products religiously for a whole month, all I can say is that I love this trio dearly! Sometimes it’s difficult to find hair products that actually deliver what they say, and I have to admit that before trailing these Paul Mitchell party hair essentials I was almost beginning to feel slightly disillusioned with styling products – so thank you Paul Mitchell for restoring my faith in hair products!

…Ohh I nearly forgot to mention: All three of the above products are paraben-free, colour-safe and vegan – making then even more awesome!!

Have you tried any of these products too?

Aimee xx

*Contains PR samples

14 comments:

  1. My mum has been using Awapuhi for years and she swears by it! Nice to see it is getting noticed :)

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah wow really :) I can see why she swears by it - it's amazing stuff, it really brings hair to life! xx

      Delete
  2. nice post :)
    www.blog017.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this, I have naturally curly hair so some of these would be really useful!

    Jade x
    jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/2014/12/lumber-lady.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. wanna try that curl definer for sure!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that Twirl Around bottle looks so cool!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sound of the shine spray and twirl around cream, always on the lookout for new hair products. Just discovered your blog by the way lovely, and I love it!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound so nice! I really want to try some of them x
    Ana Céline Labod

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really curious about the Twirl Around, I have natural loose curls in my hair so I think it would work a treat for me! I love the bottle as well, the swirls are awesome

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will definitely be purchasing one of these soon as my hair needs some help! Especially loving the Shine Spray. Great post x

    http://coastlinekissed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)