Recent Posts

Thursday, 22 January 2015

Review | Clarins True Radiance Foundation


The cold winter weather can be quite drying to my skin, so when it comes to makeup a hydrating foundation is an absolute must. Now if you can find one that not only offers hydration, but one that also fights dullness to make the complexion look healthy and radiant, then I’d say that you’re on to a real winner. Well fortunately, this autumn/winter I was lucky enough to have found this very thing in Clarins True Radiance Foundation:


Clarins True Radiance Foundation has been specifically designed to boost radiance and hydration and to diminish imperfections so that you are left with a luminous, even complexion. It harnesses the power of Moringa seed – a unique plant extract known for its ability to limit pollution particles settling on the skin, and thus acts as a shield against a dull complexion. Since wintry weather can make my skin quite dry, I’m very glad that this foundation is a moisturising one. In fact it contains Tara Gum and organic marsh Samphire plant extract to help maintain the skin’s 24-hour hydration.

Having used this foundation quite regularly for the past couple of months or so, I can definitely confirm that Clarins True Radiance Foundation lives up to its name - as yes indeed it does deliver on the radiance. The radiant healthy glow that this foundation leaves you with is just beautiful! So how is this amazing complexion luminosity achieved? Well it is all down to the “Radiance Booster” complex: Specifically shaped pigments that optimise the reflection of light.

As you can gather from the above, this foundation boasts a cocktail of skincare and make-up benefits. I particularly love the anti-pollution features - perfect for city-dwelling females!

 
Packaging:
A sophisticated glass bottle with a pump – the pump makes the foundation quick and easy to dispense without any wastage: (Well done to Clarins for including a pump...unlike some other high-end brands!)


 
Price:
£27 for 30ml – you only need to apply a small amount of product (I only use a couple of pumps per application) so this bottle is going to last you a very long time.

Shades: 
Clarins True Radiance Foundation is available in 10 different shades (it's actually quite a good shade range). I have the shade ‘114 cappuccino’ which is the darkest shade. During the winter my skin is slightly paler than it normally is, so this shade is currently a tad too dark for me. It doesn't look too bad though as it simply warms up my complexion making me look like I've been away on holiday - bonus! Then once I apply my Ben Nye Banana Powder on top, it seems to bring the foundation much closer to my correct shade anyway, so I can't complain really. 114 cappuccino is actually a great shade match for when I’ll be more tanned during the summer, so you can guarantee that this foundation will get heaps of use!


Above: Shade 114 cappuccino

Texture:
Lightweight but not too runny, the formulation is also lovely and creamy.

Application (my way):
This foundation is quick and easy to apply with either the fingers or a brush. On my busy days when I’m super rushed for time (i.e. 98% of the time!) I just use my fingers and am done in no time at all. Next I use the palms of my hands to gently press the foundation into the skin – this will ensure that the foundation sets evenly and it prolongs the wear time too. Lastly, I set the powder with some loose powder, but only after letting the foundation set for a few minutes first.

Coverage:
I am extremely impressed with the coverage! This foundation provides medium coverage that can be easily built up to full coverage without looking cakey. The coverage is so great that I don't need to use concealer on my minor blemishes...time-saver ey? I love it! I did have to conceal any redness though, which I do so before applying the foundation.

Wear time:
With powder and primer I can get 8-10hrs wear - note I have combination skin, so if I don't use a primer and setting powder then I would only get 4-5 hours wear from the foundation before it started to disappear. For best result, I recommend setting this foundation with powder.

Finish:
I would describe the finish as being somewhere between dewy – matte. This end look is very natural with a slight hint of dewiness.

 
Other great things about this foundation:
- Oil-free and has a SPF 15
- Does not settle in lines or pores
- Makes you look fresh and radiant
- Feels comfortable and light on the skin and does not look heavy
- It doesn’t oxidise (which I am very pleasantly surprised about!)
- However, the biggest pro about this foundation is that it’s dewy and luminous without being shiny or oily.

Conclusion:
This foundation is a must-have for perking up dull winter skin! I am really impressed with this foundation: It makes you look nice and flawless whilst boosting radiance and hydration - what’s not to love?! I still can’t believe how great the coverage is either - all in all, Clarins True Radiance Foundation really is everything that I need for a winter foundation.

I highly recommended this for those who like a foundation with a flawless natural dewy finish. If you like Nars Sheer Glow foundation then you’ll probably like this too.

…Lastly: I just wanted to share a quick snap of the Clarins Rouge Eclat lipstick that I got my sister for Christmas:

 
The packaging is so luxe that I just had to share it with you! The shade is ‘10 pink fushia’ a nice pretty pop of colour.

Have you tried this foundation? Are you a Clarins fan too?!

Aimee xx

*PR Sample

63 comments:

  1. Ooh I can't wait to try the new balms!!! They are just so pretty!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3333 such good review!
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried a clarins foundation, I feel like I need to though!

    www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the perfect foundation! I love the fact it has a pump too and the coverage sounds just right for me too! I must have a test of this :) xxx

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have dry skin too so this sounds perfect! I love a slight dewy look too :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive got that foundation too, love it!♥ I'm following your blog now:)
    xx
    The Stylish Confessions | Fashion & Beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad that you love it as much as I do! Thanks for following :) x

      Delete
  7. Whilst I've never tried Clarin's foundations one of my holy grail products is their bronzing duo - it's fantastic for days when you're not looking for a heavy contour.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love clarins so natural..I'd like to try it on:)

    kiss
    Patchwork à Porter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review never try this product but you are very convincing. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's because I love it so much! Have a lovely weekend too my dear x

      Delete
  10. Never tried this brand before , looks like its a good one.
    I'm following you now!
    New DIY at the blog http://hashtagwwgu.blogspot.pt/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! Thanks for following, I hope you enjoy my future posts too x

      Delete
  11. I like the Clarins foundation I have as well, can't remember the name off the top of my head. Did you find that this had a strong scent? That's the only thing I found unusual about mine. Great post, so thorough.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a slight floral/perfumed scent to it, but I don't personally really notice it unless I sniff the bottle up close. It's a nice smell though so I don't mind x

      Delete
  12. This sounds so great and the price isn't bad because it lasts a long time!! :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great review, so detailed! I've never worn clarins make up but I like the sound of this foundation.
    SarahJane xo // www.vmgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I strive to be helpful in my reviews :) You should try it, it's great for the current winter weather - really revives the complexion!

      Delete
  14. It sounds so lovely :)

    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fab does this sound! I have oily/combo skin and my clinique one feels cakey lately, so I'd love to give this one a go :)

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try this then, it definitely isn't cakey! x

      Delete
  16. SPF 15 sounds so right for a foundation. This one doesn't leave white cast right?

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as far as I've noticed, I think it's because of the low SPF level :) xx

      Delete
  17. Such a pretty blog xo

    shari / /sharinelsonx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the packaging of the lipstick so chic!!
    Katherine | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I know, it's seriously stunning so I had to show it off!

      Delete
  19. Great review. Thanks for sharing. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure, thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  20. This foundation sounds fab and i love the colour of the balm! xxx

    KirstyLeighx// Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, what an amazing detailed review! I've never tried Clarins foundations (I'm fine with my high-street choices), but this sounds really nice!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I just enjoy being helpful :) x

      Delete
  22. so nice :))

    xoxo

    new post
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG... love your blog design)))
    kisses from ukraine :-***

    http://maliovanka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I also have to switch to a hydrating moisturizer during the winter. I've never heard of Moringa seed before. I'll have to look it up.
    Bright Shiny Day

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not really a fan of foundation but that lipstick is something I want to try! :)

    Janine | Lime & Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their lipsticks are gorgeous - warning: You might become addicted! :) x

      Delete
  26. I'm glad you liked the foundation! And that lipstick color is so pretty :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Aimee!

    Thanks for sharing your experience with this foundation!

    I haven't tried a Clarins products yet, but I think I shoud give this foundation a try one time. I'm really looking for a good foundation cos I'm frustrated with Revlon photoready, maybe it's just isn't for me.

    Have a blessed Sunday!

    xo

    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Clarins products in general so highly recommend them. This was my first time trying one of their foundations and I'm so impressed that now I want to try more now! They have several different formulations so I recommend that you visit their counter and check them out :)

      Thank you, I hope you are having a lovely Sunday too! xx

      Delete
  28. I haven't tried this foundation, but Clarins is one of my favorite beauty brands.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay snap! Lovely to know that you're a fellow Clarins fan Jasmine! x

      Delete
  29. Great review! Looks like a nice product

    Sarah x
    www.palmtreesandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I'm going to look out for this, I need a medium coverage foundation.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it then, the coverage is fantastic! xx

      Delete
  31. Great review, love this foundation. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's such a gorgeous foundation and the shade range is great too! xx

      Delete
  32. I love my Sheer Glow, might give this one a try after I'm done with my current one! I like that it comes with a pump instead of paying $6 for a NARS foundation pump u______u Thanks for the thorough review!

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice review, thanks for sharing!
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  34. Thanks for sharing!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've had this foundation on my makeup shopping list for quite some time now but I think now should be the time for me to get it! With the harsh Canadian winter weather my skin really needs a moisturizing foundation! And I love the glass with pump packaging! xo

    MD | http://byourbself.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great post!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. great review! thank you for sharing
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. woaaa nice review dear! <3
    thanks for sharing!

    xx
    http://sony-ann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. I never tried any foundation from Clarins!
    That lipstick looks great!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  40. I tried this foundation awhile ago, it's really great! Great review love! xx

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great review. Looks like an amazing foundation with spf. I must try it.

    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've always wondered about the Clarins products. I'll have to give them a try! Thanks for sharing!
    http://www.hiteastyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)