Recent Posts

Wednesday, 14 January 2015

High End Beauty Haul | Bobbi Brown

 
I can't believe that I've never actually posted a "haul" yet, what kind of blogger am I? Well I also told you guys that I was going to be posting more beauty content - so as you can see, today I am killing two birds with one stone by bringing you a little high end beauty haul. Now Bobbi Brown is a brand that I've been using for over a decade, because a) they cater for my skin tone (they actually cater for all skin tones very well) and b) their products tend to be of excellent quality.

All of the products shown below are items that I have been using regularly for the last year, and whilst today's post is just a collective round-up, I will be posting individual reviews of each item:



 
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream (£38.50 / 50 ml) - This is basically a moisturiser that has a built-in primer. It's a very lightweight formula and is deeply hydrating. I find that it's the best makeup base to use underneath my Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation.

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation (£33.00 / 8g) - This compact foundation is perfect for carrying in your handbag for touch-ups on the go. It is very light and comfortable on the skin and blends into the skin with ease. In fact the foundation was actually designed to disappear into the skin so you get nice coverage without masking the skin's natural beauty - and really this is the whole ethos behind the Bobbi Brown brand. The foundation is also oil-free which is a real win with me.

Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush (£30.00) - I use this brush to apply my Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation, for me it's by far the best way. The compact comes complete with a little sponge which is great for touching-up on-the-go, but asides from that I wouldn't use a sponge to apply this foundation as the sponge will just eat up most of the product. The Full Coverage Face Brush allows you to achieve a flawless, full-coverage look with ease. The short, tightly packed bristles really do help you to achieve a polished makeup look.

Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer


 
Something you should know is that I have the worst dark circles ever (they're hereditary though which makes me feel slightly better), and the only way that I can fully cover them is by using my Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer. Both of these products are extremely opaque and pigmented making them a dab hand at combating my normally-hard-to-conceal dark circles. For me these two products are such a winning duo which is why I have been purchasing both for over a decade.

Bobbi Brown Corrector (£19.00 / 1.4g) - This corrector neutralises and brightens my dark circles a real treat - 'nuff said really. The formulation is long-wearing, crease-free and very easy to blend. I use this before applying the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (£19.00 / 1.4g) - As mentioned above, I apply this concealer after my Bobbi Brown corrector. The concealer is rich and creamy and gives me great coverage, but best of all it doesn't crease and is long-wearing.

...are you noticing a pattern here? All of the makeup items mentioned above are long-wearing and crease-free which is why I love them. Like I said before, Bobbi Brown is a brand that I associate with great quality. I can't wait to share more of their products with you in future :)

Look out for the individual product reviews to get my detailed reviews and to see pictures of the shades that I use, which may be of particular interest to those that like me have a medium Indian skin tone. I hope that you enjoyed my little haul/summary :)

Are you a Bobbi Brown fan too? Which of the above are you most looking forward to me reviewing?!

Aimee xx

P.S. If you enjoyed this post then you'll probably love my future hauls too (more high end makeup and a bit of fashion too - I have so much photographing to do)!

26 comments:

  1. I cant wait to read your reviews, I haven't tried anything from Bobbi Brown so hopefully this will give me an idea of what to try :)

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) Hopefully you'll like what you see :) x

      Delete
  2. I love Bobbi Brown and your post has reminded me to have a good splurge soon! I've used the corrector/concealer combo before and you're right, it provides great coverage especially for those nasty dark circles. Looking forward to reading your reviews, lovely! Xx

    Katie | The Last Souvenir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the corrector/concealer combo - such saviours!

      Delete
  3. Love the sound of the hydrating Gel Cream, anything multi tasking like that is a winner for me!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, and if I'm going to use a primer then I much prefer a hybrid moisturiser/primer x

      Delete
  4. Love BB products, I have a few lippies and the pot rouge cream which I love. Will look out for your reviews :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so great aren't they :) Thanks, I hope you enjoy them :) x

      Delete
  5. Love everything Bobbi Brown make tbh http://prinslooandco.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, they're such a great brand :) x

      Delete
  6. I'm hoping to pop into Selfridges when I'm next in London as I really want to try out Bobbi Brown! I've that their foundations are really good for combination skin :)

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw cool, let me know how you get on :) They have some nice oil-free foundations that are great for combination skin :) x

      Delete
  7. Catering to all skin tones is important for me, so I do love Bobbi Brown for that reason.Great review.
    Bright Shiny Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to try the concealer, even sounds just wonderful though! :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't own one, but I do look forward to reading your review on them.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to try some things from Bobbi Brown for so long, as I have a mascara from them and it's amazing! x

    Isabella Hope

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! Great haul. I love Bobbi Brown, just did a review of her book Makeup Manual on our blog. I'd love to hear more about the hydrating gel cream.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love quality brands like this! I think there's certain things it's ok to splurge on, and what you put on your face is definitely one of them!

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like Bobbi Brown too but I don't use many of their products apart from the eye brightener. My sister swears by their gel eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice products ;_)

    fine pics. ; -))

    xoxo

    new post
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never tried anything from Bobbi Brown but I only read great things about the products :) Nice haul! Can't wait to see your fashion hauls in the future :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. great haul! i love bobbi brown. thanks for sharing! i'm your new follower =)

    http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Bobbi Brown! The corrector is my favourite and the bronzer in golden light is amazing!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would love to try bobbi brown products

    lisaxbeauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)