Recent Posts

Monday, 16 February 2015

BEAUTY: Brand Spotlight | Inika


I've been wanting to get more natural makeup into my makeup bag for quite a while so was delighted to get the chance to try some products by Inika, a multi-award winning luxury natural cosmetics brand. The brand's products are all 100% natural and completely free from synthetic chemicals and harmful ingredients. Inika are actually one of the only cosmetics brands to have all products certified vegan, halal and cruelty free, and what's more, many of their products are certified organic - good stuff!

I was lucky enough to be sent a lovely selection of Inika products to try out. As you can see below, the products come smartly packaged in nice matte black packaging:












My thoughts on the products that I received

Certified Organic Liquid Mineral Foundation "blurs the line between foundation and moisturiser by hydrating and nourishing the skin while providing a flawless and radiant finish."

Where to begin really...this foundation is amazing! It is full of organic antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and thanks to the addition of essential oils it smells divine! This is a medium-full coverage foundation that leaves you with a gorgeous dewy, natural finish. The formulation is lovely and creamy so the foundation blends really well and applies easily with a brush or your fingers.

The foundation comes with a pump applicator allowing you to dispenses the perfect amount of product with ease. In terms of wear, I would say that this product offers great staying power - on my combination skin I got about 6 hours wear before any shine started to come through.




I really don't have any complaints about this foundation at all. It provides natural coverage, feels comfortable and light on the skin – and best of all it’s free of harsh chemicals!

I tried out the shade Honey which due to it's nice rich golden hues was a perfect match for my skin tone. Now for the girl who is normally always in-between shades, I was mighty chuffed to have found such a great foundation match!

Here's a swatch of the shade Honey for you:


The shade blends into my skin really well so I swatched it on quite heavily just to help it show up on camera. You'll notice that the foundation has a subtle dewy sheen to it, so you can just imagine how gorgeous it looks on the face! I honestly look super healthy when I wear this foundation and it is definitely something that I would repurchase.

Inika Vegan Mineral Eyeshadow - "pure and vibrant mineral eyeshadow, pigment-rich, that will last all day."

This mineral eyeshadow is gorgeous! It has the most silky smooth texture ever and the colour pay-off is fantastic! It is highly pigmented, very easy to blend and really does last all day long - even without a primer. The eyeshadow doesn't crease either - as you can see it is another Inika product that I can't praise enough!

 

There are lots of pretty shades to choose from (22 to be exact), and I received the shade 'Blue-Topaz' - it's such a pretty soft blue with an amazing shimmer:


You can easily build up the colour for more intensity if you wish too

Certified Organic Lip & Cheek Creme in Rosehip: "Inika's Certified Organic Lip & Cheek Creme is a versatile flush of colour for your face. Dab it on for red lips and gorgeously rosy cheeks that will last all day."

This dual purpose lip and cheek cream is unbelievably creamy and pigmented! You only need the smallest amount or can build up for more coverage. It’s long-lasting, and blends easily too.


I'm in love with this pretty cream lip and cheek colour - it gives both the lips or cheek such a pretty flush of colour. The shade is called Rosehip and is a lovely orange toned red:


Vegan Mineral Lipstick: "Paraben-free and 100% cruelty-free for added peace of mind."

The formulation is lovely - so creamy and moisturising and it feels comfortable on the lips. The colour is quite long-wearing too.








There are eight shades to choose form and each contains shea butter and jojoba oil to moisturise and protect your lips. I tried the two soft nude shades shown below:


Left: 'Warm Dusk'- a nude pink with lilac undertones
Right: 'Naked Ambition' - a nude brown - the perfect nice 'Kylie Jenner nude lip' shade?

Swatches:

Top: Warm Dusk // Bottom: Naked Ambition

Overall thoughts
I had a great time trying out these new makeup products and really enjoyed getting to grips with more natural makeup. In terms of quality natural makeup this is a really great brand - I can definitely see why this brand has won so many awards!

All of the products that I tried preformed really well, and it goes to show that natural makeup really can preform just as well as it's (dare I say it!) synthetic counterparts.

The Inika brand is a great way of getting to grips with 100% natural makeup - I highly recommend it!

Aimee xx

*PR Samples sent for consideration of review

18 comments:

  1. Wow...it look super amazing...thx for sharing honey...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love organic makeup products, really want to try that foundation! I'm always scared to use chemicals on my face, but what can I do, I love makeup, so it's always nice to find good organic products!

    Dee
    http://urbanchicblvd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, organic products are soo great!
    This review is so amazing and intersting! Products are cool!
    The red is sooo great and bright!

    xoxo Colli // tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so great, loving those shades of lipsticks :)

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors look natural so I think this product is great.
    I will try it very soon :)

    XO
    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look very lovely!!! I never heard about this brand. Thank u :)

    xx || www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard about this brand before, but the packaging looks really great

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing items! I love the lipsticks!

    http://anotherearthpink.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lipsticks and all the products :3

    Ana, xx ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these lipsticks. Both are amazing colors. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    I like your posts and photos! Really amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The foundation sounds incredible! I love that it is all so natural too :) x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those producs look amazing, I'm definitely going to give them a try! Thanks for sharing!
    xx

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know this brand, it sounds great, would love to try something :)

    Fashion and Cookies
    Facebook / G+ / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I discovered this brand when I was looking for natural makeup a couple of years ago and actually I've never order anything yet. Thanks for a great review Aimee!:)

    http://sunstreetbymonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've not really heard of this brand before but have just fallen for their lipsticks. The shades you have are gorgeous especially love the pink shade x

    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)