Recent Posts

Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Brand Spotlight | Spring Makeup Essentials with Cosmetics à la Carte


As a big beauty fanatic I love trying out different makeup brands, and lately one brand that I cannot stop raving about is Cosmetics à la Carte. Some of you will already know that I love their wonderful Rose Elixir (it has been keeping my skin all soft and supple for several months now! See my review here), but this was my first foray with their makeup – and all I can say is, why has it taken me so long to try this amazing makeup?!

Cosmetics à la Carte Review | Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger 
For those unaware, Cosmetics à la Carte is a luxury British beauty brand who have been in the business for over 40 years, making, developing and designing their products right here in London. With a real commitment towards quality, the brand formulate their products using the finest ingredients and leading-edge cosmetic science - perhaps this is why Cosmetics à la Carte have such a cult following consisting of Hollywood icons and British royalty. Similarly, the brand is cherished by makeup artists - and as someone with professional makeup training under her belt, all I can say is that any brand/product worthy enough to be inside a makeup artist’s kit is worth knowing about!

After sampling a few of Cosmetics à la Carte’s makeup products for myself, I can genuinely see why this brand is so highly rated. These products are exceptional! The texture and formulation of everything that I tried was outstanding – nothing short of pure luxury really.

Speaking of luxury – I seem to have fallen in love with the brand's luxurious silver packaging:

Cosmetics à la Carte Review | Spring Summer Makeup | Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger 
The luxe 'statement' packaging makes these products an ideal choice for gifting...although if luxurious makeup is your thing, then I say treat yourself to some bits too as this makeup is divine!

How to update your makeup bag for spring!

Now that the weather finally actually feels like spring, I thought it was time to share my favourite Cosmetics à la Carte spring makeup essentials with you:

Velvet Tint

Warmer weather means that during the day I have to touch-up my foundation more often than I would usually, which is why it is essential for me to have some sort of 'compact' handbag-friendly foundation on me. I tend to find that a a good quality cream-to-powder foundation works best for me, provided that the foundation has some sort of in-built mattifying properties - I'm a combination skin and who doesn't want to look fresh and flawless all day?! Luckily Cosmetics à la Carte have the very thing for me with their Velvet Tint cream-to-powder foundation.

Cosmetics à la Carte Velvet Tint cream-to-powder foundation | Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger
 Velvet Tint, £38 | Link

I’ve used a lot of great cream-to-powder foundations in the past, but this one blows them all out of the water. The coverage is amazing – in fact it’s so amazing that it allows me to skip concealer! I also really love the creamy high quality formula as it applies easily leaving me with a flawless smooth finish.

Cosmetics à la Carte Velvet Tint cream-to-powder foundation | Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger

















Velvet Tint has buildable medium to high coverage, is long-wearing and feels light and comfortable on the skin…So what’s not to love really?! I tried out the shade Honey as pictured below. It’s a tad too dark for me but has been proving invaluable to me for use as a 'mixer' as it's the perfect shade for warming up my foundation. I will however be visiting the Cosmetics à la Carte boutique in Knightsbridge to get matched up to my correct shade as this foundation is a real keeper!

Here's a close-up of Honey:

Cosmetics à la Carte Velvet Tint cream-to-powder foundation | Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger



Bare Blush Light

Now that the weather has finally got warmer, I decided that I wanted to channel the dewy cheeks that I saw on the SS15 runways at LFW. Once again, Cosmetics à la Carte have the right product for the job: Bare Blush Light. This gorgeous, gorgeous cream highlighter is so luxurious! It melts into your skin like butter! It is very highly pigmented, so go easy when applying it – you’ll be amazed at just how little product goes such a long way! This product leaves you with the most prettiest sheen so is perfect for special occasions (especially since it's long-wearing!) – I’ll be wearing it to an engagement party that I have this weekend!

Cosmetics à la Carte Bare Blush Light | cream highlighter | UK Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger
Bare Blush Light, £25 | Link

This cream highlighter gives a nice luminosity to the skin and and really helps give your face that much sought after glowy summer look. What’s more it’s really easy to apply – you just simply use your finger and gently dab it on as desired. For a gorgeous evening look I use it to illuminate my cheekbones, and as a little extra finishing touch, I also dab a bit onto my Cupid's bow.

Cosmetics à la Carte Bare Blush Light | cream highlighter | UK Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger 
I have the shade Starlight as swatched below for you:

Cosmetics à la Carte Bare Blush Light | cream highlighter | UK Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger
Such a pretty shade isn't it?

Bare Blush Light cream highlighter is a cut above other similar premium/high-end products that I’ve tried in the past. Overall all I can say is that this is a gorgeous product that you need in your life!

Lastly I thought it was high time to put my beloved vampy, berry coloured lipstick away until next A/W,  and go for an updated spring look by opting for a lighter colour and sheerer formulation:

Moisture Plus Lipstick

This lipstick is such a treat! The creamy formula is enriched with vitamins A, C and E - as well as conditioning and protective natural oils and waxes to boot. These magical ingredient additions are very effective as this lipstick really does make your lips feel all pampered and cared for...and how luxe is the silver packaging?!

Cosmetics à la Carte Moisture Plus Lipstick | Cosmetics à la Carte Review | UK Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger


Moisture Plus Lipstick, £23 | Link

I have the shade Floribunda for a nice spring/summery pop of colour, and although it looks quite bold and bright in the tube, it actually applies quite sheerly. Sheer lipsticks are so pretty for spring and summer aren't they?! Yet despite the lipstick's sheerness it is nicely pigmented giving you great colour payoff. Overall verdict: Another winning formulation from Cosmetics à la Carte!

Here's a swatch of Floribunda for you - it's such a pretty colour:

Cosmetics à la Carte Moisture Plus Lipstick | Cosmetics à la Carte Review | UK Beauty Blog | UK Beauty Blogger


So those were my Cosmetics à la Carte spring makeup essentials that will be taking me well into summer, I hope you enjoyed hearing about them! I really love this brand and have seriously fallen in love with their luxurious formulations and stunning silver packaging! If you’ve not yet tried this brand then you really should ASAP – it’s possibly the best makeup that you’ll ever use!

Cosmetics à la Carte are also very well-known for their bespoke makeup service - I really love the fact that you can get your own bespoke foundation mixed up to match your own individual skin tone! Visit Cosmetics à la Carte online at: www.alacartelondon.com.

Have you tried the Cosmetics à la Carte brand before? What do you most like the sound of from the above?

Aimee xx


*PR Samples

38 comments:

  1. The velvet tint sounds so good! Would love to try this x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing - you'd love it! x

      Delete
  2. I just love the packaging ... It's so pretty

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging looks so elegant and the shades amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this brand nut their products look lovely :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really gorgeous makeup, highly recommended! x

      Delete
  5. The lipstick looks so pretty!

    carinazz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :) It great for both day and night! x

      Delete
  6. I actually haven't tried anything from this brand yet, but the packaging alone really makes me want to get something from them! ^_^

    http://la-fille-lumineuse.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of it but I'd love to try this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, beautiful products. ^^
    Lovely greets nessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging is so elegant! Loving the lip color so much! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely products!! xx

    http://www.trendsgalleryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these products sound so amazing :) I just love the look of the lipstick shade. xx

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Graet post!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/04/polo_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This lipstick has great shade <3

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the packaging!! the lipstick is amazing!!

    http://fashionwalkinbrussels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a pretty shade of lipstick!!! perfect for spring!

    Have a great day!! :D
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the clean and simple packaging by the brand. Although, I haven't heard of this brand I'd still like to give it a try going by your pictures and review here. :)

    New Post Up - xoxo Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  17. great post!

    http://www.thefashionprincess.it/

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely product ! certainly something I would love buying.


    I am following you :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing about this brand. The lipstick is so pretty!

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the look of this brand!! I love a good dewy skin for the summer :) Will have to check them out

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks & I love the shade, Aimee! Have a great weekend, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything is just amazing, have a wonderful weekend :)

    STYLE & FLOWERS // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so intrigued with that blush. I love pale pink hues but I find them so difficult to put on my pale skin. I have to slather it on to make any difference what so ever to my complexion. I wonder if this one will fare better?

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey doll :) This one is actually a cream highlighter so will impart your face with a nice dewy sheen rather than 'solid' colour. I recommend dabbing it on the cheekbones or over your blusher as it really gives the face dimension!

      Have you ever tried mixing a pale pink blusher with a bit of peach blusher? If not give it a go, it should work wonders! Let me know how it goes :) xx

      Delete
  24. The results are stunning, Aimee! Love the shades! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice post!

    http://www.adelaacanski.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like your blog and your posts TBH. Thank you so much for posting this. :) I'm getting addicted to lipsticks lately IDK why but I can't stop looking for more lipsticks to buy. This post made me want to buy the Moisture Plus lipstick. xx

    Roxanne ♥ | Awkward Turtle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! The brighter weather has similarly made me want to incorporate more brighter shades into my makeup bag! The Moisture Plus Lipstick is fabulous! I have been wearing it lots lately - great colour and feels really moisturising on the lips!

      Thanks for the kind words about my blog - much appreciated hun xx

      Delete
  27. Oh very cute blush
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that great lipstick, it looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)