Recent Posts

Monday, 22 June 2015

Cosmetics à la Carte Skin Comfort | Anti-Ageing Night Cream Review


Last Friday's post on Cosmetics à la Carte's Hydralift eye gel (see here) was so well received that I thought I'd follow it up with another of the brand's gems - Skin Comfort. I actually first fell in love with this product after recently trialing out a sample pot (as pictured below), and experienced such excellent immediate results that I knew I had to share my findings with you!

Cosmetics à la Carte Skin Comfort | intensive moisturising night cream | Anti-Ageing Skincare | Beauty Blog Review



Cosmetics à la Carte Skin Comfort (sample pot)



Skin Comfort is an intensive moisturising night cream, with natural oils and plumping peptides to repair the skin while you sleep. This moisturiser deeply nourishes my dehydrated skin and leaves it baby soft. First things first - yes this is indeed an anti-ageing moisturiser: Given the fact that I've reached the age where the lines have started to appear, I personally feel that using a moisturiser without anti-ageing properties is just a complete waste of time for me.

So as I have mentioned, I’m getting older so I have a few lines here and there - but here's the really fabulous part: This moisturiser has plumped up my lines…I know, how amazing!! Now this factor alone makes me want to shout from the rooftops about this product, but I have also encountered more great benefits:

A couple of other undesirable side effects that I’ve experienced now that I’m getting older are redness (I never used to get redness on my face before!) and uneven skin tone. Note that although this moisturiser isn’t specifically designed to fix these issues, for me it has - let’s just call it a nice extra bonus! I really love how great my skin looks without makeup and it’s all thanks to Skin Comfort. I shall definitely be investing in a full sized bottle of this moisturiser - this you can guarantee!

Cosmetics à la Carte Skin Comfort | intensive moisturising night cream | Anti-Ageing Skincare | Beauty Blog Review






A lot of other premium night creams that I have tried in the past seem to lack the deep moisturising nourishment that I desire (probably because they're too busy trying to be a serum - one modern skincare trend that I'm so not into. In my book a "moisturiser" should moisturise - end off!) and deliver zero anti-ageing benefits. However with Skin Comfort it’s a different story. I have quite deep “smile lines” on my face and whilst using Skin Comfort I have noticed them plump up quite significantly in a short space of time! Plus let's not forget about the deep moisturisation that this cream imparts: I really really love how good this cream makes my skin feel and it's all thanks to the addition of nourishing Jojoba Oil and Cocoa Butter. By the time I was 1/3rd into my little Skin Comfort sample pot I knew immediately that I needed this cream in my life permanently!

I'm really glad to have discovered Skin Comfort as my previous night cream wasn’t doing anything for me, and so I’ve actually wanted to invest in some new skincare for quite a while now. If you’re aged 30+ like me and are worried about those pesky visible signs of ageing, or want a moisturiser that actually ‘moisturises’ the skin and nourishes it from within then I would give Cosmetics à la Carte’s Skin Comfort a go. The full sized products retails at £35.00 for 50g (link here) which I think is a jolly good price for such an exceptional product...plus this cream is paraben free so gets another big mark of approval from me!

I hope you enjoyed hearing about this fabulous night cream.

Aimee xx


16 comments:

  1. Love the style of your blog <3 great review! this product sounds so nice!!
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review sweetheart...thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that night cream outstanding review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll need to look into this line as I currently use Lancome

    www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review my dear, that night cream looks like an amazing product! :) I'm your newest follower <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review Aimee! That cream sounds amazing!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing! I'm in my twenties and I'm sure I'm starting to get faint lines eek

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely It sounds like a very good night cream, I am currently using a night repairing oil.
    Glamoury Armory Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great cream!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cream really looks very good. Amazing that it has pumpled up your lines.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review, love to try this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like an amazing cream! Great review!:)
    xxM
    http://sunstreetbymonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is great! would totally love to try an anti-aging cream (especially since I'm going to my 30's)

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice review. Love the packaging too 😊

    xx
    Heel In Mint
    www.heelinmint.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)