Recent Posts

Monday, 27 July 2015

Make Up For Ever UK Launch | Debenhams Birmingham


Make Up For Ever | MUFE UK launch | Debenhams | Make Up For Ever UK | Makeup Forever UK Launch 
So one thing that’s made my frequent trips up to Birmingham even more exciting is the fact that there is now a Make Up For Ever counter in Debenhams Birmingham!


Some of you will already know that the cult makeup brand recently launched exclusively online at Debenhams as well as at their Oxford Street store in London. However for lucky Brummies there is now a newly opened counter in Birmingham which is located at Debenhams in the Bullring. To celebrate the launch of the new counter I was invited along to have a makeover and learn more about the different product ranges. As you can imagine, on the day of my makeover I arrived at the Make Up For Ever counter full of glee and excitement all ready for my makeover!

Make Up For Ever UK launch | Debenhams | Make Up For Ever UK launch Birmingham | Make Up For Ever UK | MUFE Birmingham 
I'm sure you're all curious to know what was used on me for my makeover, so I've detailed all the wonderful Make Up For Ever (or 'MUFE' for short) products below for you. They're all exceptional products, and I'm so grateful for being sent them post-makeover - I've actually been using them all non-stop lately!

Step 1 Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer

My skin can feel slightly dry and dehydrated at times so I was recommended the Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer. This primer does an excellent job of helping my skin stay supple and hydrated throughout the day, as well as ensuring that my foundation stays in tact for hours.

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer | Make Up For Ever UK | MUFE | Beauty Blog Review

As you know from my previous post (see here), I have a major dislike of heavy siliconey primers that feel cloggy and horrid on the skin. Luckily this primer is nothing like that as it is extremely light and quickly absorbed - you can't even feel it on your skin which is a real delight! Furthermore, the hydration aspects of this primer are fantastic: Once applied the primer hydrates and cools the skin in an instant which is such a lovely sensation - especially on a hot summer's day!

This primer has a gel-like consistency and comes out of the tube white but dries clear. I like to give the primer a moment or two to sink in before going in with my foundation, which applies on top of this primer beautifully.

Step 1 Skin Equalizer Nourishing Primer

As some of you might know, the Step 1 Skin Equalizer range consists of several different primers which all do something different, and one particularly excellent thing is that they can be spot-applied to address different skin concerns. For instance, in my case I was recommended the Step 1 Skin Equalizer Nourishing Primer to specifically deal with those pesky fine lines.

This primer helps to give the skin a more uniform texture, thus it works a real treat in diminishing the appearance of fine lines in my under-eye area! Using this primer to spot-correct my fine lines allows for a more seamless makeup application. This primer is also a good all-over face primer for dry skin types.

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Nourishing Primer | MUFE | Beauty Blog Review



Next up I was asked what foundation I wanted to try...well you guessed it: Naturally I opted to try the much-raved about MUFE HD Foundation – well it would be rude not to wouldn’t it?!

MUFE HD Foundation

This is a medium coverage foundation with a semi-matte finish. It feels exceptionally light on skin - so much so that you can’t even feel that you have it on. I love the fact that this foundation gives me that lit-from-within glow, and leaves me with a flawless natural finish that lasts all day.

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review | MUFE HD Foundation Review | Beauty Blog | Make Up For Ever


HD Foundation has quite a fluid consistency so spreads and applies easily, whilst the smooth texture allows for seamless blending. I particularly love the fact that this foundation's medium coverage is generous enough to allow me to skip under-eye concealer! Other pros are that it is never cakey, photographs superbly, comes in an extensive range of shades, and a little goes a long way with this foundation so one bottle should last quite a while.

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review | MUFE HD Foundation Review | Makeup Forever HD Foundation | Make Up For Ever 
This is a really gorgeous foundation and I get compliments whenever I wear it. I still can’t get over how great the shade match is – it’s so rare for me to buy a foundation off-the-shelf and be truly happy with it. I actually once heard that Make Up For Ever are the best professional makeup brand for understanding the skin's undertones, and I can truly say that I vouch for this.

I also really have to say what a blessing it was to have my foundation matched up by Haire - a very competent MUA who knew exactly how to match up my medium Indian skin tone. Where most retail artists would just slap a random brown foundation shade on me, Haire saw my golden undertones and thus colour-matched me perfectly. He picked the shade 153 (a 'golden honey' shade) and since I haven't tanned much this summer my golden-yellow undertones are as strong as ever, hence this shade is just the perfect match for me - I love it!

HD Pressed Powder

HD Pressed Powder has a silky, lightweight texture and makes the skin look smooth and even. It does an excellent job of prolonging the wear of my makeup and also assists in minimising the appearance of fine lines and pores.

When this pressed finishing powder was first applied over the HD foundation, I was worried that it might dull down the foundation's nice glow. Luckily, to my surprise and delight, the powder not only slightly mattified my foundation but also left my face with a natural luminous finish!

The powder looks very white in the pan but is actually completely transparent once applied:

Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder | Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder Review | MUFE HD Pressed Powder



This powder is really finely milled so it will not go cakey on you, nor will it look powdery. You only actually need a light dusting of powder to yield good results, so don't be too heavy-handed. Overall this powder does an excellent job of setting my makeup, and I like the fact that it is enriched with hyaluronic acid to prevent dryness.

Sculpting Kit in 02 Neutral Light

This nifty contour and highlighting kit comes packaged in a nice portable slim compact. I actually fell in love with this kit as soon as it was used on me because it gave me the nicest sculpted cheekbones!

Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit 02 Neutral Light | MUFE Sculpting Kit | Make Up For Ever | Beauty Blog

Both of the two powders have a satin-like texture, are very finely-milled and are extremely blendable. They impart a good level of pigmentation but are not overly pigmented, thus allowing you to build up the intensity gradually if you wish too.

Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit | 02 Neutral Light review | MUFE Sculpting Kit | Beauty Blog 
Both powders impart a matte finish which I personally feel looks quite fresh and sophisticated, especially for daytime wear. Actually since owning this kit, my usual/staple shimmery highlighters have kind of been relegated for evening wear. …I’m starting to feel really sorry for some of my older makeup as MUFE is fast becoming my go-to makeup brand!

Overall these are very nice quality powders that are non-chalky and apply easily for a smooth finish.

Aqua Brow Kit in 30 Dark Brown

My brows were done by another lovely MUFE artist called Sat, who introduced me to the Aqua Brow Kit as pictured below. This lovely brow kit ensures that you have all you need for great-looking eyebrows on the go. The kit comes packaged in a dinky little mesh case so you can literally take it everywhere with you. Inside the little mesh case you get your tube of Aqua Brow - a waterproof brow colour product, as well as a mini angled brush and spoolie. The angled brush included in the kit is actually of really good quality and makes application effortless.

Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow Kit | Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow Review



Aqua Brow has a creamy gel texture and although it is very pigmented it still gives you natural results. The gel applies smoothly and dries quickly - it's actually a really great overall brow product so I don't have any complaints about it whatsoever.

You only need the teeniest amount of product so I can foresee my tube of Aqua Brow lasting me ages. Regarding usage, Aqua Brow can be used to fill, define or lengthen your brows as you please. I normally go for a natural brow look, which this kit will definitely give you - however, for my makeover I actually decided to mix things up for a change and opted for a slightly more bolder brow. Thankfully Sat was the right person for the job as she gave me the fiercest arched eyebrows ever! After my makeover I went for a bit of a shopping spree around Birmingham Bullring and my Instagram-queen-worthy-brows (plus rest of my makeup) attracted quite a lot of compliments...my reaction of course was to tell everyone to head over to MUFE!

Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow | MUFE | Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow 30 Dark Brown


Aqua brow is available in 7 shades, I have the shade 30 – which is the perfect colour match for me. Out of all the many brow kits that I own, I think that this one is my most favourite as it leaves me with gorgeously defined brows that stay in place all day! (All items in the MUFE 'Aqua' range are waterproof hence their excellent staying power!)

Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow Kit | MUFE | Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow 30 Dark Brown
Above: My Aqua Brow kit all zipped up - the little mesh bag is so portable! 

After my makeover (which I thoroughly enjoyed!), I walked away with lots of great tips and product recommendations...as well as an exceptionally made-up face, which as mentioned prompted compliments from strangers! The MUFE staff (Haire and Sat in particular) were superb and I can’t wait to visit them again soon when I'm back in Birmingham later this week!

I hope you enjoyed hearing about my first MUFE makeover, as well as these lovely products. If you are new to MUFE then these products are a great place to start. I decided to keep my makeover fairly simple this time round as I have a separate shopping trip planned to explore MUFE's eye and lip products! (After my makeover I actually had a quick swatch of some of the eyeshadows, and all I can say is: Woah, they're soooo pigmented!!)

You can find Make Up For Ever online on the Debenhams website here. If you can get to a Make Up For Ever counter at Debenhams (Birmingham or London) then I highly recommend that you do so -   especially because the staff have such fantastic product knowledge!

Are you glad that Make Up For Ever is finally in the UK? 
...Are you a Make Up For Ever fan already?!

Aimee xx


61 comments:

  1. I wish we had Makeup Up Forever in Australia!! I've been wanting to get my hands on that foundation for SO long (mostly because it's SPF free = no flashback!) but I have no idea what colour I'd be :( So many amazing purchases! x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw fingers crossed that you get a counter near you soon! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! xo

    http://www.eatlovemerry.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need the foundation! I've heard great things about this brand, and their foundation is apparently one of the top 10 out there. Really want to put it to the test :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hydrating primer sounds like a great product....and that contour and highlight set looks really practical!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been on the hunt for a new foundation and I've heard Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation is really good! Now it's available in the UK I might have to give it a try!
    Jaz Bishop x
    http://jazlittlenotes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it, let me know how you get on :) x

      Delete
  6. I heard positive feedback about this foundation and serting powder I should consider to try great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make Up Forever is such a great brand, I'd love to try the HD pressed powder, it has been on my wishlist for ages!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing :) I've been using it constantly lately! x

      Delete
  8. I need to try this. Thanks for sharing!!

    Blonde in Cashmere

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great picks for a flawless complexion! I love MUFE!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the Hydrating Primer sounds exactly what I'm looking for! Really need to get my hands on it

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems like they are all great. I can never find a great foundation, I love the brand name :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exiting! I have never tried anything from makeup forever however I do have a mile long wishlist especially now haha :)

    Lucy // Ooh La Luce

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations on the new MUFE counter near you. this is such an amazing brand, you'd better start curbing your purchasing impulse ;)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This foundation sounds interesting. I ned to give it a try. You've got some amazing products,. xx

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to check out these primers :) specially the hydrating one, it sounds perfect for my dry skin! Lovely post. x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly lovely! I think that the nourishing primer would be better for you as it's formulated specially for dry skin so check it out x

      Delete
  16. Great products! The pressed power looks very good.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, wow! I really need to try the foundation! I've heard great things about it :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! The products looks lovely, I'm new to the brand!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is so much from Make Up Forever that I want to try and now a lot more thanks to this post!! How cute is that brow kit!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best ever isn't it :) I love the fact that it's so portable! x

      Delete
  20. Fabulous review. Loved your detailed post.

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm so glad that you like it x

      Delete
  21. Great picks! I've just got an MUFE lipgloss and I love it xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are great products you've purchased! I haven't tried the MUFE foundation but it's always raved about so I hope you like it :)

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have never try buy or try MUFE.
    but after see your review its so great <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. I still have not tried HD makeup however'm hearing great reviews about this new trend, so I like to try some products thanks for this introduction. Kisses.


    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. nice colection :)
    http://majaanchevska.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great selection, I really like that contour kit, it has nice shades :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am looking forward . for a lightweight foundation that gives me medium coverage It is on my Wishlist .....hope to get my hands on it sooner

    ReplyDelete
  28. This primer sounds really good! I don't have much luck with primers; I just want something to minimise my huge pores!!! May have to give this a go. Lovely post :)xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many great products! Awesome reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so glad it's now in Birmingham! I have been dying for the foundation for so long. I got my colour matched up the other day and now I've been payed I am finally going to purchase yay!

    Vanessa // VNSX x

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's my fav Makeup brand. I use it very often for my works:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooo so exciting! Make up forever is indeed an amazing company...love their products

    http://haileylauderdale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for sharing :)

    www.eatlovemerry.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. nice post!
    kisses

    http://lestyledelapetiteblonde.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those products seem great!! Very good review!! :)

    Andrea.

    Seize your Style

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've heard a lot of good things about Makeup Forever. My skin gets really dried too, I would love to try the primer!! Thanks for sharing Belle, have a fantastic week! :D

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice products!
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Makeup forever always sounds like such a flawless brand. Lovely products you picked out!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your post dear! Have a nice day:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great blog post! I have never tried any of their products, but I would love to :)
    Love Life Every Day
    everydaybeauty instagram

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've never used anything from Make up Forever but heard a lot of good words! I guess it's time to try them out!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. woow *-* nice, great review <3
    http://diariodelolivlet.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the sound of the primer! When I'm looking for one, I always need it to feel as if it's not even there otherwise my whole face feels very "cakey" once my makeup is all on! I'll have to try this x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Really interesting as I haven't heard much about this before.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great picks, dear! I've to admit primer is a must-have if we're wearing make-up :D

    ReplyDelete
  46. that first hydrating primer sounds like something I need for my skin! I wish they would release in South Africa :D I always hear only amazing things about this brand - and especially their foundations.


    MAKE IT RAYNE
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)