Recent Posts

Monday, 3 August 2015

An Introduction to Bagsy Beauty


Today I am treating your eyes to a selection of products from newly launched British beauty brand Bagsy. Firstly here's a little quote to give you some background about this exciting new brand:

"After years of working for global beauty brands, British born Bagsy are finally doing it for themselves. The result is a small, perfectly designed collection of easy-to-choose, easy-to-use everyday beauty essentials that are designed to fit inside your handbag."

...Secondly: I know you've already spotted the gorgeous packaging! Incredible isn't it?!

Bagsy Beauty launch | handbag beauty essentials | Beauty Blog Review | Beauty Blogger


I don't know about you, but I am definitely a big fan of beautiful portable, handbag essentials! I'm forever trying to downsize the contents of both my makeup bag and handbag alike, so Bagsy is my ideal type of brand really. The Bagsy range currently consists of 23 products, of which I have picked a few personal favourites to share with you:

Lip Cocoon in Raspberry
A good quality tinted lip balm is one of my favourite handbag essentials, so Bagsy's Lip Cocoon is right up my street. This lip balm gives your lips a pretty dose of colour whilst keeping them thoroughly nourished and hydrated. I have the shade Raspberry which is such a lovely shade and has the most yummiest raspberry scent and taste ever! As you can see from the picture below, the outer packaging is super pretty:

Bagsy Lip Cocoon | Raspberry | Bagsy Beauty

The formulation of this balm is really gorgeous and contains a hydrating blend of sunflower oil, shea butter, castor oil and beeswax which all leave your lips feeling super-soft.

Ray of Sunshine in Medium Dark
This luxurious matte powder bronzer will give you a gorgeous natural-looking glow. It has great pigmentation, applies smoothly and blends very well. I can't fault this bronzing powder at all - it really is lovely and the shade couldn't be more perfect for giving me that covetable healthy, bronzed glow.

I think that the little quote embossed on the powder is a nice little extra touch:


The bronzer comes with a pretty mint coloured pouch as below:

Bagsy | Ray of Sunshine matte bronzing powder | Bagsy Beauty 
Kabuki Brush
To apply my bronzer I have my lovely small kabuki brush, which also has it's own little drawstring pouch to keep it all safely housed for taking on the go. This is a nice strong, sturdy brush that has clearly been made to last. The brush picks up and applies product evenly, and the bristles are just so soft and lovely!

Bagsy Kabuki Brush | Bagsy Beauty



Pretty Cheeks in Velvet Rose

Bagsy Pretty Cheeks in Velvet Rose | Bagsy Beauty 
Bagsy's Pretty Cheeks in the shade Velvet Rose is a beautiful pinky coloured creamy blush that immediately adds a pretty flush of colour to the cheeks. It blends really well and goes from a cream to a powder leaving you with a velvety soft finish. This blush has a nice colour payoff - don’t be put off by the bright colour in the pot though, as once applied on the skin it is less intense.

I really love the fact that this blush is domed-shaped as it makes application a doddle:

Bagsy Pretty Cheeks in Velvet Rose | Bagsy Beauty




Once again the packaging is lovely - I really love the pretty design on the box, as well as the fact that there's a nice little quote printed inside the box:

Bagsy Pretty Cheeks in Velvet Rose | Bagsy Beauty
Bagsy Pretty Cheeks in Velvet Rose | Bagsy Beauty

As with all of the Bagsy Beauty items, the striking packaging makes this product ideal for gifting. The box of the blusher even has a loop, and as my sister pointed out, you could hang it on your Christmas tree...obviously Christmas is months away yet, but it's definitely a great idea!


Lip Velvet in No Frills
If you love a matte lip but find matte lipsticks drying, then you might just love Lip Velvet. This liquid lip colour is matte yet non-drying thanks to the addition of lightweight emollients which keep the lips feeling all nice and soft.

Bagsy Lip Velvet in No Frills | Bagsy Beauty 
As the name suggests, Lip Velvet leaves the lips with a velvet finish. This lip colour is slightly sheer but still well pigmented. Another great thing about this product is that it is long-lasting so requires minimal touch-ups - I find that it normally lasts around five hours before fading to a pretty tint.

Bagsy Lip Velvet in No Frills | Bagsy Beauty


Wonder Wand
Bagsy's Wonder Wand is a handy two-in-one creamy highlighting and concealing pencil, and since I'm a big fan of multi-tasking beauty products, (least of all because they free up more room in your makeup bag) it is another welcomed addition to my makeup bag!

Bagsy Wonder Wand | Bagsy Beauty 
The concealer half of the pencil has a waxy texture and provides good coverage for helping to disguise blemishes and under-eye shadows. The highlighter is nice and creamy and blends easily with the fingers leaving you with a pretty subtle shimmer. This pencil is a great little gem to keep in your makeup bag - the highlighter is especially handy for impromptu nights out!

Bagsy Wonder Wand | Bagsy Beauty



Wow Lips

Bagsy Wow Lips Killer Heels | Bagsy Beauty

Bagsy Wow Lips Killer Heels | Bagsy Beauty 
Bagsy's Wow Lips are sure to be a hit with those of you who love lip chubbies. They have a gorgeous creamy texture so apply really easily, and come equipped with moisturising properties to keep your lips nourished.

Bagsy Wow Lips in Happy Days | Bagsy Beauty






















These chunky lip pencils are very pigmented and have a fairly glossy finish - they are definitely another handbag must-have! I have the shades Killer Heels and Happy Days both of which I really love:

Bagsy Wow Lips Killer Heels | Bagsy Beauty
Above: Wow Lips in Killer Heels

Bagsy Wow Lips in Happy Days | Bagsy Beauty
 Wow Lips in the shade Happy Days

Hair Wonder
This subtly scented dry shampoo instantly refreshes the hair and volumises roots. It is infused with pro vitamin B5 and oat oil so also nourishes the hair. Overall this is a great dry shampoo - perfectly sized to pop into your handbag.

The can is so pretty isn't it?

Bagsy Hair Wonder dry shampoo | Bagsy Beauty


Overall I'm really pleased to have discovered Bagsy and love this initial collection from them. The packaging is wonderful, the makeup products have lovely textures and are really well-pigmented so I can't fault them at all. I also really love the shade ranges - the products shown above are actually all representative of the type of shades that you would normally find in my makeup bag. All in all this is a fantastic initial launch from Bagsy and I look forward to seeing what they do next!

...In the meanwhile I'll be going up to the Midlands again to visit family and friends, and I'll definitely be taking my Bagsy Beauty essentials with me - they're so handy for trips away!

Bagsy is available exclusively at www.feelunique.com.

What do you think of these products? Are you a fan of the pretty packaging too?!

Aimee xx


48 comments:

  1. never heard about the brand but I adore the packaging

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome colors <3
    love rose and red lips :)
    thanks for sharing :)

    have an inspiring week :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot get over how pretty their packaging is! I've only got their makeup bag so far, but I'll be definitely trying the actual products as well :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The makeup bag is fab too - I love the flamingo print :)
      You'll definitely love the beauty products - they're great!

      Delete
  4. The packaging is so flipping beautiful I want my paws on these right away especially all the lippy things.
    MUCH LOVE KAREN
    (STYLESMORGASBORD) [BLOGLOVIN])

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about the packaging and that... has topped the estee lauder packaging!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool brands! Great picks and review Miss!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. how pretty are these! Love the look of the lip balm and red lippie. The packaging says it all :D

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lip cocoon sounds pretty great! But all products sound really good :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lipstick and blush are gorgeous colours - this sounds like an interesting brand wrth a try!
    Elle xx
    http://elleandherbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these look amazing! I love the gorgeous packaging, and the quality looks to be lovely as well. I wonder if they're available in my area...great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow the lipsticks look amazing.
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg, I am in love with the amazing packaging!! fantastic lipsticks :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not familiar with the brand, but the packaging is so cute.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a newly launched brand :)
      The packaging is fantastic isn't it! x

      Delete
  14. Great post! The packaging of these product is really cute! I would love to try out the Wonder Wand, I really like multi-tasking makeup products. x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love finding new brands, especially pretty packaged ones like this!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun products! I want to try the lip balm- thanks for sharing.

    Blonde in Cashmere

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes!! I'm also a fan of pretty packaging! I want to try out these Bagsy products! Like you said, they're great for handbags! :D

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
  18. The packaging is really pretty! I always love pretty packaging♡
    The lipstick packaging is remain me with Paul and Joe one :)

    Padma
    SWINGINGPADMA

    ReplyDelete
  19. These all look so pretty! Great post! :)

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. so many lovely products...and those packagings are so cute!
    Thank you for your presentation.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed that inscription- I know I'm not perfect, but my lips look fabulous....that's so me...having a nice lipliner or lipstick on makes me feel better.

      Delete
    2. The quirky little inscriptions are great!
      Hee hee agreed - I never leave the house without my lippy! x

      Delete
  21. oh the packaging is so beautiful!!

    http://fashionwalkinbrussels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bagsy products are so beautifully packaged. I love it when a brand puts as much effort into the outer packaging as they do with the product!
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to try this out! The raspberry lipbalm sounds incredible and I love the packaging of it all! :)

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post and the packaging are beautiful! :)

    dottedbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous review. Loved your detailed post.

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really like what I've seen of this brand so far and I love the size of the products, so cute!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. The packaging is so so gorgeous& the powder looks to die for!! Loved this post

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are certainly some stunning picks, sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the lipstick, it has amazing shade :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow all amazing things, I am loving the lip products, they sound great!

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great products.
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely products!!! The packaging is so cute and I love that each product has a quote!

    The lip balm looks really good! Great post!!

    Andrea.

    Seize your Style

    ReplyDelete
  33. I keep seeing this range online and it all looks so pretty. That lip balm on particular is a gorgeous colour!
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOL! i thought it said BaNKsy :) but oh wow love their packaging and the colors! really love that nudish lipstick and that blush :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee a Banksy beauty collection - now that would be interesting!
      Glad you like the makeup xx

      Delete
  35. Ooh those lip colors! To die for! I'm looking into this brand right now, that packaging has me intrigued! xo

    Emily // Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll love these products then - the quality is fantastic...and the packaging is just the best! I actually want to try more of their range now :) x

      Delete
  36. what a cute essentials :3

    www.adhiwahyudi.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)