Recent Posts

Monday, 24 August 2015

Cosmetics à La Carte Summer Makeup Favourites


Cosmetics à La Carte | Summer Makeup Favourites | Beauty Blog 
Summer is now drawing to a close - although I’m not quite ready to do away with my summery makeup just yet! I actually love putting on a bright lipstick or lip gloss to brighten up the mood (especially given the fact that the weather is so bleak lately), and that said I thought I’d share some of my Cosmetics à La Carte summer makeup favourites with you:


Lip Rich in Posh Pink

I absolutely adore bright pops of colour for summer so bright lips are a summer must for me! Lately I’ve really been loving Cosmetics à La Carte’s Lip Rich in Posh Pink – a really pretty pink shade which looks great for day or night:

Cosmetics à La Carte Lip Rich | Cosmetics à La Carte Lip Rich | Posh Pink





Lip Rich is a ‘longwear lip cream’ and unlike other long-lasting lip products that I’ve tried in the past it doesn’t leave the lips feeling dry. This lip cream actually feels really lovely and soft on the lips and given the fact that the formula is so highly colour-saturated, the colour payoff is amazing!

Lip Rich has a nice creamy texture, and once set it leaves a matte finish. It makes my lips feel really glossy and full which is all down to the addition of plumping peptides. The formula also contains lip-conditioning Vitamin E plus a waterproof polymer and natural waxes to seal in moisture - I can totally see why Cosmetics à la Carte refer to this product as “comfort and colour in a tube.”

Shimmer Outliner in Shell

I love a bit of shimmer for summer and that’s where Shimmer Outliner in the shade Shell comes in:

As you can see Shell is a gorgeous shimmery neutral shade – this is the sort of staple neutral shade that I always keep in my makeup collection since it is one of those “wonder” shades that matches every outfit and makeup look.

 
Shimmer Outliners are crease-proof cream eyeshadows that also double-up as eyeliners. They give you a delicate all-over wash of shimmer and have a nice buttery texture. These are long-wearing, smudge-proof and waterproof so if you’re looking for pool-proof makeup then look no further!

Matte Blush Touch in Grape

Whilst I love a bit of peach or coral blusher for summer, sometimes it’s nice to add a bit of variety into mix – hence the reason I decided to give Matte Blush Touch in the shade Grape a go:

Cosmetics à La Carte Matte Blush Touch in Grape



When applied, the shade Grape gives your cheeks that natural, rosy “just-pinched” look:

Cosmetics à La Carte Matte Blush Touch | Grape 
This was actually my first time trying a powder blusher from Cosmetics à La Carte and I have to say that I’m really impressed with Matte Blush Touch. This blusher is long-wearing, highly pigmented and has a nice smooth texture which allows for even application and ease of blending – it’s the perfect all-round blusher really. I’d definitely love to try more shades in future – there are so many lovely colours to choose from, all are natural and very wearable - view them here.

Waterproof Lip Liner in Invisible

I’m a big fan of long-lasting makeup – especially for summer when we have the added problem of heat and humidity to contend with! I have to admit that my lipstick can be awful for melting or bleeding, but luckily I have recently discovered Cosmetics à La Carte’s Waterproof Lip Liner which prevents lipstick from bleeding by creating a waterproof barrier around the lips.
This super soft liner has a soft creamy gel texture which allows the liner to glide on effortlessly providing you with 7 hours of continuous wear – good stuff! There are 7 shades to choose from – I have the shade Invisible which is a clear shade so will go with all my lipstick colours:

Cosmetics à La Carte Waterproof Lip Liner | Invisible 
Matte Velvet Lipstick in Cochineal

A bright lippy such as Matte Velvet Lipstick in Cochineal is an effortless way of adding a summery pop of colour to your look:


I love how rich and pigmented this lipstick is. It has a matte velvet texture, is very long-wearing and contains plumping peptides for youthful looking lips. Most matte long-wearing lipsticks that I’ve tried in the past tend to be quite drying on the lips, however Matte Velvet contains vitamins A, C, and E to nourish and protect so isn't drying at all.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about my Cosmetics à La Carte summer makeup favourites. All the makeup products mentioned above are long-wearing and have the most gorgeous textures - which is exactly the way I like my makeup! Visit Cosmetics à La Carte online at: www.alacartelondon.com.

Which of the above do you most like the sound of?!

Aimee x



40 comments:

  1. I love matte lipstick so i'll be sure to check it out
    thanks for the review, I like seeing new information on brands I haven't heard of or used before
    xx
    Garland Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure :) The matte lipstick is lovely! x

      Delete
  2. Love that lipstick colour! Great review - really enjoyed this post!

    www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shimmer outliners looks amazing! as well as the lipstick! I love hearing about new brands to try out!

    CLOTHING CONSCIOUS// FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this haul! The Shimmer Outliner looks incredible! And the lipstick does look impeccable! Wow!

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them :) They are indeed impeccable products! x

      Delete
  5. I loved all the products especially the blusher....

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all lovely luxurious products :)
      The blusher is lovely! x

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of invisible lip liner but that sounds so perfect! This is a great post!
    xx, Pia

    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love putting a bright lipstick on in the summer, or really any time of the year haha. I love these products, great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the color of that lip cream, it's so pretty :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. the shimmer outliner in shell looks gorgeous!!

    xoxo,
    Winn | ♥
    winscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour of the lipstick :)
    Great review!

    Love,
    Pretty Little Stories

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why you like that lipstick, such a great shade!

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great makeup! I love the lipstick shade :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the matte velvet lipstick the most! I too am sad that summer is coming to an end.
    With Love, Banke | A Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look and sound like great products.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  15. These makeup items look great! Josie
    josieannacatherine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty make up i love the lipstick

    www.modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the items! Great post :) xx

    Picture Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks! I also love bright lips. I'm a glossy fan.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uuuh I really like the eyeshadow and the lipstick :) x

    _Aishettina_

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the color the lipstick
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh thanks for sharing. I really love the Shimmer Outliners! Looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That blush is gorgeous and I really like the look of the outliner too! I don't think I've heard of this brand before but they all sound great! I'll have to have a search for la carte!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these lipsticks- they look perfect for injecting some brightness into the cloudy weather :) I would most like to try the waterproof lip liner, as any lip product seems to literally last like 10 mins on my lips

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love pink shades!! The matte velvet lipstick looks beautiful! :D


    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
  25. that lipstick is gorgeous. Lovely make up products. One thing I'm looking forward to this Autumn is using more make up.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look like great products! I'd love to try the shimmer outliner!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  27. These products look amazing! I want to try them all :)

    http://www.fineclic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. First time hearing of this brand, but such beautiful products!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice products! I like bright lipstick to put me in a cheery mood too!

    astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)