Recent Posts

Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Illuminisers, highlighters, and bronzed glowing skin | MAC & Benefit Makeup Must-Haves!


MAC Strobe Cream | Strobing | Highlighting 
So it's been a while since I last blogged as I decided to take a bit of a time out from all things online. I've mainly been preoccupied with getting settled into my new job which I started just before Christmas, and since then I've just been mega busy.

It's been so long since I logged into my blog or Twitter that it's as if I had almost forgotten how everything "works." Truth be told, about a minute ago I was starring at my Blogger dashboard trying to remember how to create a new post! This used to be something I did without even thinking about it - it's funny how a bit of time away from the internet makes me feel like an online novice! Plus don't even get me started with Twitter...yup it's changed again, and how comes I can't insert emojis anymore?!

Okay, so with the sudden urge to blog today, I thought what better way to get back into the ol' beauty blogging than by sharing some of my all-time favourite makeup products with you - namely those that help give the appearance of radiant sun kissed skin, since that is more or less a staple makeup look of mine. So today's post is all about: Illuminisers, highlighters, and glowy skin!
I'm really obsessed with dewy, glowing skin. The weather might be all horrible and cold, but that ain't gonna stop me from looking like I just came back from vacationing in the sun! My all-time favourite illuminiser has to be the cult (and indeed very versatile) MAC Strobe Cream. This gem of a product is a tube of pearlescent heaven! If you want to make your complexion look healthy and radiant minus the shimmer/glitter that you get with some facial illuminators, then this is the product for the job! It will leave you with a natural luminous looking complexion in an instant! I like to mix a tiny amount into my foundation, as well as dabbing it on sparingly to my 'highlight' areas for the 'strobed' look that is all the rage lately.

MAC Strobe Cream | UK Beauty Blog 
If you haven't already got this gem of a product in your makeup bag then I highly recommend you check it out! Plus a little goes a long way - a big tube of Strobe Cream like mine lasts forever and forever!!

When I want more of a 'bronzed' glow, then I opt for my other favourite highlighting product: Benefit Sun Beam, which is a golden bronze complexion highlighter so suits my tanned skin down to a tee. I use Sun Beam on the high points of my face to obtain the most gorgeous sunkissed glow ever - trust me, J-Lo would be proud! If you want to add some instant luminosity to the skin and look like you just came back from a week in the sun, then Sun Beam is the way to go!



Confession: I'm not always a 'regular' at the Benefit counter as they don't cater for my golden skin tone that well, but even I have to admit that they come up with some great gems, and Sun Beam is one such thing!

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

This is another fabulous MAC product! I own this luxurious pressed powder in the shade 'Dark' which is a warmer shade than my actual skin tone since I like to use this product to bronze up my cheeks. Since the powder leaves you with a gorgeous natural-satin finish, this is another fab way of faking a radiant summery glow the easy way. As many of you will probably know, the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powders are actual meant to be setting powders, but since they are non-cakey and blend into the skin seamlessly, (plus not to mention the fact that they feel amazingly smooth and lightweight on the skin!) they are extremely versatile in their application; thus you can use them to set your concealer, as an all-over face setting powder, or you can do what I do and purchase a warm-toned shade to use as a bronzer.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark | UK Beauty Blogger









I've actually had my compact of MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural for years, and despite using it a zillion times I haven't even dented the pan yet! Seriously, has anyone even ever got to the bottom of one of these powders, as they real do seem to last forever! (This is the reason why I always tell people that some MAC products really are worth the investment!)

I hope you enjoyed this post, I figured a dose of MAC and Benefit would make all you fellow hardened beauty lovers very happy - and is the least you deserve after my blogging hiatus! The above are some of my all-time makeup favourites - I mean I was literally having a small panic the other day as I thought I had lost my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural compact lol!!

I hope the above helps to get you summer-ready! If you want to know what base products I currently use, then look out for my upcoming post about my fave foundations for glowing skin - which I wear with the products mentioned above for an all-round glowing complexion!

...Have you tried any of the above products?! 
Are you a fan of the natural sunkissed glow look too?!

Aimee xx

34 comments:

  1. I love their lipsticks and primer nice selection you have doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you're a MAC fan too?! I love their lipsticks too :) x

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any of these but I'll definitely be picking up the MAC illuminator, it sounds amazing! Fab review :)

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it, it's such a versatile product too :) x

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you back blogging! I hardly ever use my Sun Beam, definitely need to dig it or Watts Up out and give them a proper chance!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much :)
      Trust me you really do need to dig it out - it's an amazing complexion enhancer! x

      Delete
  4. Oh I love MAC mineralize skinfinish natural - it's soo super good :D

    <3: Jasmin N | littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's superb isn't it :) I'm actually going to go and get another shade to use as an 'all-over face' setting powder - really do love this stuff! x

      Delete
  5. i love and own all 3 of those. the strobe cream just works on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo snap! x
      That's so true about strobe cream :)

      Delete
  6. Great choices, personally I heard a lot of good things about the product from Benefit, looks like a must-have ;)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! I need to check this brand out :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only tried a MAC lipstick. ONE :( I need more money !!! I want to try Soft & Gentle xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft & Gentle is indeed another beauty - I know you would love it hun! x

      Delete
  9. Love benefit as well, never used sun beam only moon beam, but looks gorgeous

    xx, H
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woow these are must haves
    I'm a fan of Mac cosmetics too so why have I not come across this?
    Thanks for sharing anyways
    Winnie
    xxx
    http://itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure :)
      Highly recommended you check these out! x

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing these! I love Sunbeam myself. It makes you look like you've just had a week at the beach!

    http://www.thesaltlifewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're back blogging!
    I really want to try a Mac one, they look great!

    http://withlovevanessa95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely - it's nice to be back :) x
      Mac do some gorgeous products indeed!

      Delete
  13. These products sound like they would be great to use for upcoming spring and summer months. Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing:)

    astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure :)
      They are indeed my all-time makeup faves! x

      Delete
  14. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great essentials!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been lusting over these Mac and Benefit gems. I definitely need to give them a try! xx
    Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried these products, but they sound great! I'll have to pick them up and give them a try.

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh very interesting product!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been dying for these products! They sound heavenly. Great review! xx
    Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the sound of the illuminiser and Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. :D Definitely intrigued by Benefits' Sun Beam as well. So tempted to try them!

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
  21. trovo questo post molto utile perche non sono brava con il make up:) tutti noi vogliamo una bella pelle luminosa...trovare i secretti di trucco e sembre una buona idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)